Three strangers come to visit Avraham to deliver good news to him while he is sitting outside of his tent. This is but one of a number of places in the Torah where angels appear at important times in people’s lives. There are those mefarshim who say that they were angels dressed like men. And there are those who say they were mere men who were angels in the sense that they were fulfilling Hashem’s mission for the recipient.
- Have you ever encountered an “angel” in your life, someone who was there at the right moment in your life? Who was that person? What did they do for you or tell you?
- Did you realize at the time that what the person was telling you/doing for you was significant, or did that become clear only after the fact?
- Can you think of a time when you could have been an “angel” in someone else’s life but walked away for whatever reason?
- What are the characteristics of an “angel-in-waiting” who could influence the lives of other people?
- How can you better incorporate those characteristics into your life?